Deviled Eggs with Stacie Tovar
The cool thing about today's recipe is that you probably have all of the ingredients in your fridge! While most of the country is practicing staying-at-home, we introduce a quick spin on deviled eggs that leaves itself open to a wide range of interpretations.
Use this one as a guideline and make yourself some "Shelter-in-place Snacks" that will fuel whatever you set out to do...
Put the Doritos down, press play and have fun!
A huge thanks to Stacie Tovar for this one. We have a long list of her favorite recipes in the pipeline, so be sure to subscribe!
Recipe for Tovar Deviled Eggs
Yield: 24 - 1 egg portions
Nutrition Per Portion:
- 74 Calorie
- 6g Protein
- 1g Carbohydrate
- 5g Fat
- 24 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 cups dill pickles, small dice
- PALEO GRIND Veggie Victory or Paprika, as needed
- Olive oil (optional)
- Place a large saucepan on the burner. Place the eggs in . Bring water to a boil and start a 3 minute timer once boiling starts. When the timer is done, cut the heat, and cover the pan. Set a timer for 12 minutes. Place the eggs into a cold ice bath to cool. Peel eggs immediately under running water.
- Slice each egg in half and place egg yolks into a small mixing bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the egg yolks.
- Add mustards to the yolks and mix. Add pickles to the bowl and mix again.
- Season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Scoop stuffing mixture into the egg whites using a spoon or your hands.
- Top with a pinch of Veggie Victory or paprika and a drizzle of olive oil. Plate or portion into containers.