How to Reheat Ice Age Frozen Paleo Meals
Is there a trick to reheating Ice Age Meals? Check out Nick's method for perfection in the microwave:
- Leaving the plastic intact, pop your meal into the microwave on high for four minutes.
- The seal will have likely burst from all the steaming action, so remove it completely, pop it a few times with a fork, and then pop it back in the microwave for another four minutes to reduce the excess moisture and concentrate the flavor.
- If you have a thermometer, check the temperature in a few places. Reheat your meals to at least 165F and remember, that food is hot! Give it a few minutes to rest, and then dig in.
If you're reheating in the oven, the same steps apply - it just takes longer.
- Place your frozen meal on a baking sheet and pop into a preheated oven.
- About 20 minutes into the reheating process, remove from the oven to peel off the plastic and pop with a fork. Return to the oven for another five to ten minutes.
- Check that meal with your trusty thermometer, allow to rest, and enjoy.